Education; It’s the process of imparting knowledge, skill and judgement. Home Education; Best defined as parent-led, family-funded, relationship-based education of a child at home. It’s also known as home schooling. The difference between home education and distance education is;
Home education:- parents develop or adapt their own program for the child and the parent or the teacher engaged or employed by the parent is the child’s educator. The educator plans, implements and also evaluates the child’s learning from one year to the other whereas the parent’s name appears on the application form as legally responsible for quality education.
Distance education:- here, the parent enrolls their child in a school of distance education and the program is provided for the child by the school.
The home schooling requires some essentials known as home education resources with a core purpose of achieving an objective. We have both online and also real ‘fie based type of resources.
- Mathletics:- focused math course for children at the age of 5-18.
- Education city:- online maths/science/English/French set of games.
- BBC Bitesize:- well worth investigating as it has plenty of useful info with added games.
- Moshimonsters:- this site has ordinary online fun alongside numeracy, literacy and logic games.
REAL LIFE RESOURCES Of all things could mention, my highest rating goes to;
- Galore park Which we use for most of the subjects nowadays.
If your child had already joined the mainstream school and you’d like to withdraw him/her for the home schooling then you need to consider the following issues;
- Consider the cost and a wise decision on your plans and intentions.
- Be aware that your child will miss the social side of school as well as participating in joint activities.
- No availability of grants available to support your child through the home education.
Pros of Home Education include;
- Religious Freedom- as families believe their spiritual and also religious beliefs are of essence to who they are.
- Educational Freedom- as the child has the choice to study and learn what they want.
Closer Family Relationship- home schooling plays a big role and helps them find time to foster loving ties between all family members. v Emotional Freedom- peer pressure, completion, boredom and bullying is a particular problem for girls which lower the self-esteem. v Well-Rested Kids- early morning classes can be devastating to many children as sleep is vital to the emotional. v No Busy Work- children accomplish what it takes a typical classroom a week to cover a few hours.